When boarding your dog at a kennel it is critical that both you and your dog are prepared. This list is not all encompassing but should help to guide you in what to bring. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to call or email. For dogs boarding for the first time, it can be helpful to do a short trial run. This helps your dog get used to the new environment and understand that you are not abandoning them.
First and most importantly, you must bring a vaccine record or fax it to 410-584-2784. If you do not have it for drop off we cannot take your dog(s). Branchwater requires the following vaccines
- Bordatella (Kennel Cough)
Other things to bring/consider bringing:
- Please bring any medications your dog(s) may be on, and a way to dispense the pills, or shots if needed (peanut butter, cheese, pill pockets, etc). When your dog requires medication we ask that you bring the medication in a pill box so that it is very obvious which pills your dog needs and when. To dispense pills, it costs an extra $2 a day per dog.
- Branchwater has food on hand, however, if your dog is on a different food please bring that food. Branchwater has three foods readily available; Purina Dog Chow, Purina Pro Plan, and Blue Seal.
- Treats are optional but if your dog is fearful of new people, or you want the dog trained, please bring treats.
- Bedding is optional. Though each kennel has a rubber mat, and in the Summer, many dogs prefer to lay on the ground as it is cool, beds can be brought. Please realize that if you choose to bring a bed we are not responsible for what happens to it!!
- Many dogs prefer having things from home, such as a favorite toy or bone. Please be mindful when your bring a toy or bone to bring a safe one. We recommend that the toys are large and sturdy, for example a Kong toy, Nylabone, etc. Please be careful in your bone selection, as there is not always someone right in the kennel with your dog, it is recommended that you bring a bone that does not break easily, and is not too small. Rawhide can be hazardous and is not recommended.
Please note that you do not need to bring bowls. We will provide bowls for the dogs.